June - 2011
- SIGGRAPH Launches Business Symposium to Address Industry Needs and Direction
(Chicago, IL) – For nearly 40 years, SIGGRAPH has inspired, educated, and influenced the direction of research, production, and artistic communities. At SIGGRAPH 2011 in Vancouver,
- Intergraph Announces Intergraph CADWorx 2012 Compatibility with AutoCAD 2012
HUNTSVILLE, Ala., June 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Intergraph® CADWorx® Plant Design Suite 2012, the newest version of Intergraph's design solution for mid-market and AutoCAD®-based
- DigiPara introduces the first elevator plug-in for Autodesk Revit software
Plug-in aims to improve the design process by creating complex elevator groups within seconds. Frechen, Germany - DigiPara GmbH is announcing the release of Elevatorarchitect, the
- M2 Technologies Earns Autodesk Consulting Specialization
NASHUA, N.H., May 31, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Manufacturing design technology firm M2 Technologies today announced that they have earned the new Consulting Specialization designation for
- Innovative roundabout design workflow shown at TRB Roundabout Conference
Now you can model roundabouts in 3D with real-time capacity analysis with AutoTrack® for AutoCAD® Civil 3D® linked to ARCADY 7 The latest version of AutoTrack® Junctions, featuring
May - 2011
- AutoFEM Analysis 1.4 Supports AutoCAD 2012
AutoFEM Software LLP, the developer of the finite element analysis (FEA) software, is glad to announce the Release 1.4 of the AutoFEM Analysis system in May 2011. AutoFEM Analysis is
- Transoft Solutions Enters 3D Space with Release of AutoTURN Pro 3D
The next step for modeling, analyzing, and visualizing vehicle simulations May 30, 2011 – Vancouver, BC, Canada Transoft Solutions Inc., developers of industry-leading software
- Personal Factory™ App Gateway launches with new consumer app from Autodesk
Ponoko, Inc. – the virtual manufacturing pioneer –today announced that its Personal Factory platform will support the new free* 3D modeling software, Autodesk
- Autodesk Announces 2012 Design Software for Education Market
SAN RAFAEL, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ:ADSK), a leader in 3D design, engineering and entertainment software announced its 2012 portfolio of software suites and
- Manufacturing Gets Personal: Autodesk 123D Now Available for Free Download
SAN RAFAEL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ:ADSK), announced Autodesk 123D software — a free* Windows-based 3D modeling application for makers combined with content
- Hawkes Ocean Technologies Makes Underwater Airplanes with Autodesk Inventor Software
SAN RAFAEL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The deep sea, not space, is the latest frontier for achieving new records of exploration, and Hawkes Ocean Technologies (Hawkes) is
- Formtek Announces Enhanced Engineering Data Management Solution for Alfresco, Including New EDM Connector for AutoCAD
CONCORD, Calif., May 24, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Formtek, Inc., a leading provider of technical data and document management solutions to industrial clients for over two decades, announced
- TEDCF Releases Downloadable Training for Autodesk Inventor 2012
Springville, CA, May 30, 2011 – TEDCF Publishing, a leading Autodesk Authorized Publisher and member of the Autodesk Developer Network, released Autodesk Inventor 2012 software training
- ASCENT Introduces Training Guides in eBook Format
Framingham, MA, May 30, 2011 – Rand Worldwide®, a global leader in providing technology solutions to organizations with engineering design and information technology requirements,
- softelec has released VPindex and VPindex lite software for automated capturing, indexing and archiving legacy scan drawings or CAD files
The software mainly manages to record index data from drawing title blocks or from any other position found across the documents. Relevant text or numerical content can be captured
- ArchVision Announces ‘Drag and Drop’ Support for Autodesk 3ds Max, Autodesk 3ds Max Design and Autodesk AutoCAD
Lexington, Kentucky, May 2011 – ArchVision announces the release of ‘Drag and Drop’ support for RPC Content into Autodesk 3ds Max, 3ds Max Design and AutoCAD Architecture.
- Mixamo Launches World’s First Online Auto-Rigger service - Reducing Time to Animation by 10x or more
Innovative Automated Animation Service for 3D Modelers and Developers of iOS, Console and PC Games SAN FRANCISCO – May 24 2011. Mixamo Inc. today announced the launch of its
- Pratt Institute’s Center for Continuing and Professional Studies (CCPS) has been an Autodesk® Training Center (ATC) since 1985
Pratt Institute’s Center for Continuing and Professional Studies (CCPS) has been an Autodesk® Training Center (ATC) since 1985 Program Statement Pratt CCPS offers you a choice
- AutoCAD Exercise Workbooks Make Learning Easy!
May 23, 2011, New York, NY - Just published by Industrial Press are the Beginning and Advanced AutoCAD 2012 Exercise Workbooks from acclaimed author and instructor, Cheryl Shrock. These
- Autodesk Discusses Makers and New Industrial Revolution at Wired Business Conference
SAN RAFAEL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Caption: Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ:ADSK) President and CEO Carl Bass joined Wired editor-in-chief Chris Anderson for a conversation about "The New
- Autodesk SketchBook Pro App Reaches Next Level on iPad 2
SAN RAFAEL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ:ADSK), introduced a new version of the company’s popular Autodesk SketchBook Pro for iPad app, designed
- Autodesk Buzzsaw Mobile App Provides Access to Building and Construction Data on iPad or iPhone
SAN RAFAEL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Autodesk,Inc. (NASDAQ:ADSK), a leader in 3D design, engineering and entertainment software, announced the Autodesk Buzzsaw Mobile app designed for
- Wind-Harnessing Clean Tech Company Aims To Solve Renewable Energy’s Greatest Challenge Using Autodesk Software
SAN RAFAEL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--General Compression, a Massachusetts-based developer of clean energy solutions, is successfully using digital prototyping software from Autodesk,
- Autodesk TinkerBox App Now Comes to iPhone and iPod touch
SAN RAFAEL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Autodesk,Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK), announced its TinkerBox App— a free* game designed to playfully spark interest in physics and mechanical engineering
- Autodesk Software Helps U.S. Navy Go Ropeless
SAN RAFAEL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK), has named Federal Equipment Company (FEC) as the Autodesk April Inventor of the Month for
- Autodesk Software Aids Quest to Harness Energy from the Sea
SAN RAFAEL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--IT Power, an energy consultancy headquartered in the United Kingdom, is using 3D design software from Autodesk,Inc. (NASDAQ:ADSK) to develop innovative
April - 2011
- Autodesk Software Helps U.S. Navy Go Ropeless
Federal Equipment Company Uses Digital Prototyping to Create Cableless Elevator System for Aircraft Carriers SAN RAFAEL, Calif., Apr. 27, 2011 — Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK), has
- Autodesk Wins Global Deal Worth More Than AUD 5 Million with GHD
SYDNEY--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Autodesk, a world leader in 3D design, engineering and entertainment software, today announced that it has signed an enterprise licensing
- Developers Release Application Products for Autodesk 2012 Entertainment Software
SAN RAFAEL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ:ADSK) announced that members of its Autodesk Developer Network (ADN) Sparks program have released more than
- Autodesk Developer Network Launches New Applications for Autodesk
SAN RAFAEL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ:ADSK) announced that the Autodesk Developer Network (ADN) partners are now shipping applications
Autodesk Catalog Tech Videos
Learn how ASCENT supports professionals taking the Autodesk Certified Professional Exam. ASCENT is an Authorized Author/Publisher of Autodesk Official Training Guides and offers free Autodesk Certification Exam Prep Sheets. As well, applicable ASCENT training guides incorporate Autodesk Certification exam objectives within the books. Together these help focus your study time on items directly covered in the exam.
Got 3 minutes? Let us show you how GibbsCAM interoperability with Autodesk Inventor and GibbsCAM’s superiority in ease of use, flexibility and efficiency in programming CNCs of all types, even the most complex multi-axis, multi-task machines, using models created with Inventor can provide substantial time and money programming your CNC machines. Watch Video: www.gibbscam.com/movie
Setting the standard for modern roundabout creation, TORUS once again pushes the boundaries of engineering efficiency and flexibility. With new improvements to the Vehicle Envelope Method and the introduction of the Vehicle Sensitive Design that uses enhanced customization of vehicle swept paths to model the geometry, engineers and planners can simultaneously plan, design, and analyze different roundabout configurations.
Find Out How ASCENT Helps Customers Embrace Autodesk Software Releases: Two customers explain the value they receive from ASCENT training guides.
Timely updates to ASCENT courseware ensures students learn the latest features available in new software releases. ASCENT training guides clearly call out new features and practice exercises ensuring students put new knowledge to use immediately. Featured guests: Timothy Vaughan, PC Applications Instructor, Huntington Ingalls Industries and Byl Beasley, Autodesk Training Centre Manager, Repro Products.
Tired of seeing what you CAN do with Autodesk Inventor? Now you can learn HOW to do it. Our courses show you every step from basic concepts to professional use of the software. Visit us at www.trainingtutorial.com
Golaem Crowd is a powerful and easy to use crowd simulation plugin for Maya. Learn more & get your free evaluation on http://golaem.com/crowd
SIGGRAPH 2012 Art Gallery Chair, Osman Khan, takes you on a high-level tour of this year's art exhibition.
Featured White Papers
Teaching prospective design engineers how to use industry standard design tools like CATIA is an important part of the Engineering Technology curriculum at Western Washington University (WWU). Despite the department’s focus on advanced technology, each student had to carry two to three heavy, paper-based, software text books per course. With more than 200 students enrolled in these CAD design courses each year, the amount of paper used was also an environmental concern for this progressive university.
Princeton University’s Eric Witter applies his more than 20 years of AutoCAD experience as a CAD Archivist. As the Facilities Organization’s information technology team leader, Eric administers all the CAD software and provides lunch-and-learn trainings as well as user support for colleagues.
- OpenCL™, or Open Computing Language, is the first open programming standard for writing software for general-purpose computing across both CPUs and GPUs. That may not sound that important on the face of it. But consider this: applications accelerated with OpenCL can access the combined processing power of a computer’s GPU and CPU cores under a single unified platform – a game-changing development for users of professional graphics and computational design software.
AMD Eyefinity multi-display technology launches a new era of panoramic computing, helping to boost productivity and multitasking with innovative graphics display capabilities supporting massive desktop workspaces, creating ultra-immersive computing environments with super-high resolution gaming and entertainment, and enabling easy configuration and supporting up to six independent display outputs simultaneously.
Kristine Middlemiss, Developer Consultant
Autodesk Developer Network
Kristine Middlemiss, Developer Consultant Autodesk Developer Network
April 2010, 30th
By Cyrille Fauvel
Autodesk Developer Network